Re: [squid-users] My squid is slower than apache

From: K K <kkadow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:21:05 -0500

These numbers appear to indicate that Squid is nearly as fast as
Apache serving up static content, which is pretty much exactly what I
would expect.

The very high 'max' field suggests that the total is being skewed by
one very slow transaction, both for Apache (3 seconds) and then even
more so for Squid (5 seconds)?

>Apache only:
>. . .
>Connection Times (ms)
> min mean[+/-sd] median max
>Connect: 0 2 42.4 2 3001
>Processing: 2 10 2.0 11 71
>Waiting: 0 2 1.0 2 65
>Total: 3 13 42.4 13 3013
. . .
>Squid with Apache:
. . .
>Connection Times (ms)
> min mean[+/-sd] median max
>Connect: 0 1 26.9 1 3003
>Processing: 1 14 65.2 14 5024
>Waiting: 0 3 65.0 3 5011
>Total: 3 16 70.4 15 5025

Words of wisdom:
On 7/19/07, Adrian Chadd <adrian@creative.net.au> wrote:
> If you're benchmarking apache vs squid
> for static content then you're going to lose out.

Kevin