[squid-users] Detecting and blocking child proxy servers

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:41:45 +0545

Hi all,

We have Squid-2.6 proxy servers running in transparent mode. I want to
know if we can disable sibling/child proxy servers from using our proxy
servers via the "X-Forward-For" headers.

For example, I only want to allow only my selected child/sibling proxy
servers from being able to use our primary proxies based on IP
addresses. I want to discard all other proxy servers used others.

Is this possible? In other words, I want my proxy servers to detect
squid or other proxy severs which are being used or operated by others
besides me.

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,