Re: [squid-users] How can I become a

From: fulan Peng <fulanpeng@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:38:27 -0400

You can start and stop Squid as user squid on port 8080 or 8443, then
use a firewall to forward all request from 80 or 443 to 8080 or 8443.
This way, you are safe because you do not have to run Squid as root.

You can run Squid as root but how about some hackers get into your system?
If you run Squid as squid and you are root, do not forget to switch to
squid to run Squid.

su squid
/usr/local/squid/sbin/squid