[squid-users] Route domain through different gateway

From: Danny Gluch <danny.gluch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:02:41 +1000

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible as my searches haven't turned up any
good results.

What I want to do is use squid to route any requests to a particular
domain through a different gateway to everything else. If the domain
only had a single IP address I could easily do this by adding a static
route, but what about sites that have multiple subdomains running on
different IP ranges?

For example, here at the office we have a very expensive primary
internet link and a cheaper secondary DSL link. I would like to route
sites like youtube out through the secondary link which has plenty of
spare (and cheaper) bandwidth to use. The trouble with youtube is all
the videos seem to come from different subdomains with different IP
addresses, making it difficult to create static routes. Can squid
recognise something like *.youtube.com and route it out through the
secondary connection?

Any ideas/suggestions on how to achieve this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Danny Gluch