Re: [squid-users] log rotation

From: Angela Williams <angie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:02:19 +0200

Yo!
On Wednesday 25 July 2007 10:20, Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have looked at wiki but cannot find information about log rotation
> (access & store logs).
>
> How can I do this? Or is it simply a matter of defining log rotation in
> newsyslog.conf (I am on a FreeBSD system)?

squid -k rotate will tell squid to rotate its own logs!
Look in the well documented squid.conf.example file for this tag
logfile_rotate
and all will come clear.

You do not normally need the store log so set it to none in squid.conf. Access
and Cache logs are normally all you need!

Cheers
Ang

--
Angela Williams				Enterprise Outsourcing
Unix/Linux & Cisco spoken here!		Bedfordview