[squid-users] Firewall rule for dnsserver process on SquidNT-2.6 STABLE 13 on Windows

From: Santosh Rani <santoshballey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 20:48:27 +0530

The most knowledged revered Sirs/ Madams,

With your kind guidance I have succeeded in running two instances of Squid.

My Firewall does not allow SquidNT-2.6.STABLE13 to start on.

If I want to start/ reconfigure/ restart/ rotate Squid,I have to quit
my firewall so that Squid can start.

How do I allow inbuilt dnsserver process of Squid to access my ISP's
dns servers? In Squid 2.4 there was a dnsserver.exe which was allowed
access in Firewall rules and everything was fine. I have presently
configured my firewall to Squid.exe outbound access to port TCP
8080, 3128 and 80-83, SOCKS, https and UDP ports 1026 and 53.

Please suggest a solution so that I do not have to stop my firewall
every time I have to restart Squid.

Regards

Santosh Rani