[squid-users] (SOLVED, I hope) ACL rules allow localhost, but I still get an Access Denied in transparent setup...

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:56:22 -0300

GoogleGuy escreveu:
> This really should be on the Wiki pages or in the docs! Doesn't anyone
> use Squid as a personal proxy from localhost?

    I really think doing that (using squid as personal proxy on
localhost) is FAR from being a smart idea. The bandwidth saving with a
single client will be, certainly, very small IF exists at all. And even
if it happens, probably it doesnt worth all the extra I/O and memory usage.

   At least in my understanding, squid is NOT a personal-usage software.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues