Re: [squid-users] PURGE via HTTP/1.1

From: Ricardo Newbery <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:30:11 -0700

On Jul 30, 2007, at 6:52 AM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On mån, 2007-07-30 at 01:16 -0700, Ricardo Newbery wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, PURGE requests via HTTP/1.1 works fine. But
>> I've read some documentation that implies that this was not always
>> the case. The release notes don't seem say. Anyone know which Squid
>> version started supporting PURGE via HTTP/1.1 ?
>
> It's always worked I think..
>
> What do not work well is PURGE of Vary objects (objects having a Vary
> header).
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Okay. FYI, I'm rewriting some documentation (and fixing code) for a
tool that generates PURGE requests so I would like to list any edge
cases where special care might be warranted.

Because of the broken implementation of HTTP/1.0, I would like to
switch the tool to using HTTP/1.1 (which works much better in my
tests). So if I understand correctly, Squid PURGE has always
supported the HTTP/1.1 protocol and this change shouldn't break
anything. Hmm... I wonder why the original authors of the tool
seemed to believe otherwise.

Regarding PURGE of Vary objects. The solution is just not to include
a Vary in the PURGE, correct? So all variants are purged.

Ric