RE: RE: [squid-users] cache.log ...

From: Scott B. Anderson <sbanderson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:55:23 -0500

Yes, the IP address changed, and yes it was the default route IP. The ISP stayed the same. (went from business class TW to dedicated TW). This machine has always been multihomed with two internet IPs, one DMZ and one private network. The second internet address is only for fail-safe backup internet access and it hasn't changed since I set up this router/nameserver/squid box. I don't see how it would matter, but I had to change the tertierary DNS server ip address listed with the registrar (network solutions) as well.

The server in question is all but 10.0.0.11 of the IP's listed (I was playing around trying to determine which worked best, it seems that no matter whether I use localhost, the private or the public IP of the name server the performance doesn't change. (I even tried compiling with --disable-internal-dns and using the old code to no avail) I will set that back to just localhost for now and remove the rest.

Scott Anderson