[squid-users] Caching authenticated documents

From: René GARCIA <rene@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:23:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm working on making squid our new proxy service. The main goal of using
squid is to save bandwith between our distant sites.

I would like squid to cache authenticated documents (authorize basic auth)
but to continue verifying user auth to the final server.

If I had ignore-auth in squid config. The document is cached but no
longuer authenticated.
If I make the server respond "Cache-control: public,proxy-revalidate" in
headers the document is not cached.

I've been playing with Cache-control parameters with no success
(must-revalidate, s-maxage=0, ...).

What I would like is :
- For the first request on a document, the user sends authorizatrion
header. The server sends the document, squid keeps it in cache.
- For the following requests on that document, the new authorization
header is send by squid to the server with a "If-Modified-Since" header to
check cache validity. The server shoud respond "304 Not Modified" if user
credetials are OK and document is up to date in cache.

Any idea how to configure squid for that ?

Rene