[squid-users] Question on redirector and Squid accelerator mode

From: fulan Peng <fulanpeng@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:37:46 -0400

Hi,
I have setup Squid 3.0 PRE6 working in accelerator mode with SSL and I
setup Squirm tested working. When I click a link on the web page, it
goes to the original address instead of my rewritten address.

This is what I want:
I have set up Squid to accelerate a web site, say, yahoo.com with
another domain name, https://proxy.mydomain.com. In the web page,
there is a link, google.com, when browser click this link, it will go
to http://www.google.com. What I want is to go my another proxy site,
say, https://proxy.mydomain.com:9999.
I have setup Squirm with a pattern
regex ^http://www\.google\.com ^https://proxy.mydomain.com:9999 in the
squirm.patterns file.
When I type squirm as root
it works.
When I feed
http://www.google.com, it feed back with
https://proxy.mydomain.com:9999
I thought Squirm is working.
I went squid.conf and added:
url_rewrite_program /usr/local/squirm/bin/squirm
url_rewrite_children 10
Now I type https://proxy.mydomain.com, it will show yahoo.com, but
when I click a link which is linked to http://www.google.com, it goes
to http://www.google.com instead of https://proxy.mydomain.com:9999
I am thinking, when the browser click the link, it went off to
http://www.google.com, and never talk to Squirm, what we have to do is
to physically change the web page content, replace each
http://www.google.com with https://proxy.mydomain.com:9999. Now, when
the browser clicks, it will go to https://proxy.mydomain.com:9999. But
how can I do this? Is this squid url_rewrite meant to do?
Please help me out? Should I use Apache rewrite engine? Should I use
wget and physically replace the web content?