Re: [squid-users] Blocking proxies

From: Peter Albrecht <peter.albrecht@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 17:03:31 +0200

Hi Thomas,

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 15:41, Thomas Raef wrote:
> How can we block open proxy use?
>
> Either transparent or non-transparent. We looked at using l7-filter but
> there must be an acl or some config option to block users from accessing
> outside proxy servers. We have a school in need of this.

What do you want to block?

1) Users from the school accessing another proxy somewhere? Then you need
   to block all http/https requests on your router. I.e., every connection
   that does not come from your proxy needs to be blocked.
2) Other users from the outside using your proxy? Define an ACL to allow
   access only from your internal network. Or have Squid listen on the
   internal network interface only.

Hope this helps,

Peter

--
Peter Albrecht, Novell Training Services