RE: [squid-users] Blocking proxies

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:17:33 +1200 (NZST)

Proxies that provide/send X-Forwarded-For are by definition NOT anonymous.
There is no way you can detect proper anon proxies without a specific test.

To properly block access to them all you will need a full list. Which is
impossible to create and very hard to maintain.

> Or some other such acl?

It sounds more like you want to use an ACL that prevents abuse of the
CONNECT method. Used to make your proxy connect to some other service as a
tunnel. It's useful for https, but often abused.

You say you are already redirecting outbound port 80, 81, and 8080
requests to your own squid? That should cover anyone trying to bypass you.

Amos