Re: [squid-users] endless growing swap.state after reboot

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:18:00 -0300 (BRT)

Michel Santos disse na ultima mensagem:

> Since you tell me that *nobody* has this problem what I certainly can not
> believe ;) but seems you guys are using linux or windows then might this
> be related to freebsd's softupdate on the file system and squid can not
> handle this? Should I disable it and check it out?

I better add this here from the man page which made me think so because I
do not know how linux and windows either handle this :

"Softupdates drastically improves meta-data performance, mainly file
creation and deletion."
"First, softupdates guarantees file system consistency in the case of a
crash but could very easily be several seconds (even a minute!) behind on
pending write to the physical disk. If you crash you may lose more work
than otherwise. "

Michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.