Re: [squid-users] still having performance issues

From: Dieter Bloms <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 22:34:39 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 08, Scott B. Anderson wrote:

> The squid server is the lan router and the client default gateway so
> any network issues would show up when proxy is off. I'm at a loss.
> This is 2.6STABLE_13 on Fedora core 5 kernel 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5. This
> became a problem only after switching from a 4x2MB cable modem
> connection with static ip addresses to the new 10x10Mbps fiber
> connection with a full 32 static addresses in a /24.

what mtu size does the fiber connection have ?

maybe you could set the mtu size of your outgoing interface from
squidserver to a smaller value like 512Byte.

In the past we had a performance problem through a vpn connection and
solved it with a smaller mtu size, so no fragmentation has to be done.

--
Gruß
  Dieter