Re: [squid-users] username and password in TRANSPARENT mode

From: Neil A. Hillard <neil.hillard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:45:24 +0100

Hi,

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2007, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>> On m??n, 2007-08-06 at 18:26 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>
>>> Look at how a browser talks directly to an origin server when presenting
>>> (HTTP Basic) authentication credentials, and what a proxy ends up doing
>>> with those.
>> What about it?
>
> It doesn't work reliably? :)

Doesn't it? You'll have to cite specific examples. I can't think of
one problem I've had that's related to basic auth not working as it
should (as long as you don't count configuration faux pas!)

                                Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/