[squid-users] Squid performance

From: Alexey Ivlev <sdnf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:03:30 +0400

Hello, all!

We are creating large proxy instalation with content filtering.
Squid is defined as a proxy. Cache is not needed.

How many requests per second can squid handle?

Sure it depends on cpu,memory,hdd - suppose we can take the best hardware.
Anyway this will be cluster with network balancing, so the question is about maximum performance for one squid.

Will IBM RISC CPU encrease performance?

Recommendations about hardware and software will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.