Re: [squid-users] endless growing swap.state after reboot

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:47:31 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
> On sön, 2007-08-12 at 12:49 -0300, Michel Santos wrote:
>
>> that's from one cache dir and "took 5.8 seconds" seems to be really
>> wrong,
>> look at the time stamps:
>
> Time stamps during the rebuild process is not working well when you use
> -F. This because Squid is only rebuilding the cache index, and it's
> notion of time is a bit messed up.
>
> Things return to norma when the rebuild is finished.

sooo, first machine I rebooted without shutting down squid did it again,
swap.state grows endless

I rebooted two others but with -F and all good

so seems that writing to swap.state while still rebuilding the cache is
where the dog is berried

unfortunatly I was sleeping and didn't backed up the swap.file but I can
do it again later if you need it.

michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.