Re: [squid-users] website not showing up on http transparent squid

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:21:59 +0545

Jacob D. Myers wrote:
> Interesting, I wonder if that is because I have it running transparently.

Hi Jacob,

I can access www.fnams.com with my transparent proxy setup.
Can you telnet to www.fnams.com on port 80 from your Squid proxy in the
first place if not from the user's end?

What is the exact error that Squid reports when trying to access it
transparently from the user's end?

I bet your best tool would be running tcpdump and check if some kind of
firewall is actually coming in your way.

Also what does your cache.log and access.log say?

Thanking you...

--
With best regards and good wishes,
Yours sincerely,