Re: [squid-users] endless growing swap.state after reboot

From: Michel Santos <michel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 07:40:12 -0300 (BRT)

Henrik Nordstrom disse na ultima mensagem:
>> unfortunatly I was sleeping and didn't backed up the swap.file but I can
>> do it again later if you need it.
>
> Please try. But as you indicate above it's possible the problem is not
> caused by the swap.state, but by concurrent traffic while the cache is
> being rebuilt in which case producing a test case is somewhat more
> complex..

if some likes to help catching this problem here is a sh script which
backup the swap files into /usr/local/squid/swap-bu before starting squid.

It should work for squid on freebsd else look into it before running it.
You should run it from your squid-startup script, put it into the first
line without '&' at the end of the line. if you do not have a squid start
script execute it before squid or put it into /usr/local/etc/rc.d with a
000. prefix

http://suporte.lucenet.com.br/supfiles/swap.state.bu.sh.tar.gz

than as henrik said before, if squid get confused afetr startup we need
the backuped swap.state

thank's
michel

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.