Re: [squid-users] Squid Log Error - snmpHandleUdp

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:58:14 +0200

On tor, 2007-08-16 at 15:49 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> > snmpHandleUdp: FD 20 recvfrom: (10054) WSAECONNRESET, Connection reset by
> > peer.
> >
> > Thanks, Adam.
> >

> It's caused by squid receiving a UDP SNMP packet. Which when squid goes to
> read the content turns out to have nothing, or a system error occured
> mid-read.

That would generally be EAGAIN, not ECONNRESET.

To me this looks more like 0 lenths packets being sent to the UDP port
somehow...

But it could also be SNMP clients going away while Squid is sending the
response, resulting in an ICMP error from the requesting client..

A tcpdump of the snmp traffic will tell for sure what is going on.