[squid-users] Storing large number of files.

From: Manoj Bist <manoj.bist1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:21:42 -0700

Hi,

I need to serve a large number of audio/video files from web server.
These files will be generated by a background process.

Each file is identified logically by a 'key' which looks like a url. I
am looking for a caching solution for this.

1) Given a key, I should be able to stream the file to the user(web client)
2) Given a key, I should be able to write the content to the file.
3) Caching solution should take care of mapping the the key to the
appropriate filename ( e.g. it should make sure that file number
distribution is not too skewed in the directories.)

Can I use squid or some piece of the software for this purpose?

Thanx,
MB