[squid-users] Problem/Inconsistency with logformat

From: David J. Veer <djveer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:26:12 -0500

Good day :)

I have a problem when I try to change the output to my access.log file
using logformat.

The default log format is fine for the most part only I'd rather have
the local time as opposed to UNIX time. (ie. I'd Rather have
20/Aug/2007:13:45:36 Central Daylight Time as opposed to
1187635650.660. Other than the date the default logformat is nice
because it also shows DOMAIN\username (I authenticate off active
directory). However when I change it to logformat squid using the
following string below...

logformat squid %tl %ui %un "%rm %ru HTTP/%rv" %Hs %<st %Ss:%Sh

The date shows up fine but the username is skewed. It comes up as
DOMAIN%5Cusername rather than DOMAIN\username.

Is there any way I can format the date how I want it as well have the
DOMAIN\username showing up properly? I've tried everything I can think
of and been through all the docs to no avail. Right now it seems like I
can only have one or the other.. not both.

I would greatly appreciate any help with this matter.

Thanks in advance.

David
David J. Veer
CCNA, Network+
Network Administrator
Monarch Industries Ltd.
djveer@monarchindustries.com
1-204-786-7921 Ext. 827
1-800-665-0247 Ext. 827

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, then delete this e-mail and any attachments. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail by a person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.