Re: [squid-users] compile time options for binary distribution (solaris)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 19:35:43 +0800

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007, Solidzh wrote:
> 2007/8/22, rahul <rahul@sun.com>:
> > Hi,
> > Sun is considering bundling Squid 2.6 as a part of the main Solaris
> > distribution. The effort (integration and testing) is underway here
> > (http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/webstack/)
>
> I'm just confused,without something like epoll or kqueue,can Squid on
> solaris get high performance?

Squid-2.6 with /dev/poll support (available in Solaris 7 and later)
dramatically improves network performance by lowering the CPU requirements.

I've been meaning to do it for years but I only (finally!) committed
some code a few months ago.

All someone has to do now is compile it with --enable-dev-poll under Solaris
and check the CPU use.

http://squidproxy.wordpress.com/ has my announcement of /dev/poll support
in squid-2 and squid-2.6.

Adrian