Re: [squid-users] Squid Server Delay pools needed? even with Traffic shaper?

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:53:41 +0545

Juan C. Crespo R. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a litle question, I'm working on a project to reduce the
> bandwidth consume, we are using for each client one traffic shape
> policy(128K almost all) , but even with this, one user conection (128K
> )will make the Squid sever use all the bandwitdh avalaible (4 Mb) ?, If
> it does, I will use the Delay pools feature :)

Hi Juan,

Which software/hardware are you using to shape the bandwidth of your
clients at 128kbps? Are you shaping traffic based on IP addresses?

Delay pools should definitely help you out in this matter.

Check out the FAQ at:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CompleteFaq#head-fd9b4b7ba1854a3c21796173af9d0b9aee33e376

Thanking you...

--