Re: [squid-users] squid do the inverse of what it should do !!!!!!!!!!! help !!!!!!!!!

From: pinky you <pinkheart_7777@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 01:54:35 -0700 (PDT)

--- Michel Santos <michel@lucenet.com.br> wrote:

> pinky you disse na ultima mensagem:
> > finallyyyyyyyyyyy
> >
> > I figured it out, with your help of course
> >
> > It’s not a squid issue , in fact my satellite
> provider
> > NewSky has a defected Cisco interface in its site,
> > which duplicate each packet I received ( Every
> request
> > I send I receive a duplicate answer )
> > I called the provider and told them about the
> > duplicated packets I received from them , and they
> > solve change the defected interface.
> >

> just curious, how an interface would do that?
>
> Other reason as tcp retransmission timeout
> exceedings (which BTW would
> resend one or another package not all) I can not
> even imagin a reason for
> that other as an malicious attack (syn flood)
> because under normal
> circunstancies the package sender *will_not* try
> retransmission endless
> but mark the target unreachable

Well it is very rare , which when you ping a site you
get a duplicate ping .
and when I checked it with tcpdump I see it was so
clear each packet i send I recieve double identical
packet , this case can happenned ( as far as i know )
in three cases :
1> if you configured your gateway as a broadcast
address
2> if assigne the same frequency to more than one site
( in satellite communications )
3> defected interface ( and thats what NewSky told me
)
4> and I heard that misconfigured EIGRP will do that
too.
> > In fact squid was getting double answer so , it
> does
> > not know what to do
> >

> I guess squid would not get such packages at all but
> should be discarted
> by your router at layer 3 or by your OS at layer 4
> level where are checked
> tcp flags and sequence numbers before they go to the
> application layer.

yes I theoritically thats right , but thats whats
happenned the packet does not discarded

> michel

> Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
> E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.

Be pink or not to be