[squid-users] Akamai-like CDN using squid and a DNS trick

From: Vicente Aguilar <bisente@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:18:25 +0200

Hi

I've written a brief success story about how we used squid and a DNS
trick to solve a networking problem between ISPs that was affecting
our webs' performance and public image.

Long story short: all the users of a particular ISP had problems
accessing our pages because of a routing problem between that ISP and
ours. We ended up installing a squid reverse-proxy on that ISP's
datacenter, and redirecting all its users there by returning a
different DNS response depending on the client's IP address. This
method could be extended to use as many ISPs/proxies as needed,
creating a homegrown, Akamai-like CDN.

The article is available here:

http://www.bisente.com/blog/2007/08/09/un-akamai-de-andar-por-casa/?
lan=english

Hope someone finds it useful. :)

   Vicente Aguilar <bisente@bisente.com> | http://www.bisente.com
   Valquirias: Cómics, manga, cosplay, ciencia-ficción, merchandising...
   http://www.valquirias.com | http://blogs.valquirias.com