Re: [squid-users] criticism against squid

From: Neil Harkins <nharkins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:58:19 -0700

That was my assessment as well: no object eviction?!?

So if your dataset it small enough, then varnish could
be as good as... a light webserver and a ramdisk. ;)
If you've got a huge amount of content, and want to
accelerate the hottest fraction, squid is still the best choice,
and can be tuned to resolve most of the issues the Varnish
authors cite. As features are added to Varnish, that might change.
We'll see. It's VCL language definately looks interesting.

-neil