Re: [squid-users] criticism against squid

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:15:50 +0800

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007, Nicole wrote:

> It seems like their trash talking is to try to get people to switch and try to
> garner more funding. Varnish is also not as user friendly as squid.

phk just has a point to make and yes, he's made it. Thing is varnish is
a small object http accelerator and its fantastic at -that- niche. squid
is ok, but over a larger range of options.

> Now.. if your from flickr.. and you use Squid.. Seems like a big company like
> yours should be making some nice donations.. poke poke.. That would help squid
> get updated :)

I was about to say "everyone should donate and not expect a few large
companies to help out" but then I realised you donated. :)

adrian