[squid-users] refresh_pattern that matches query parameters?

From: Gert Verhoog <gert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:58:05 +1200

Hi list,

I'm running Squid as a reverse proxy to work around a slow
webapplication. Basically, I'm caching everything for a *long* time and
force-refresh only those pages that need updating, using a script that
runs in the background.

Some pages have query parameters (e.g. ...?page=2) and I would like to
cache those only for a short time. I've tried several variations of the
following, but it doesn't seem to work:

refresh_pattern \? 30 100% 30 override-expire
refresh_pattern . 30240 100% 30240 override-expire

I'm beginning to suspect that refresh_pattern ignores query strings, but
hopefully I'm wrong. Currently I'm not caching urls with parameters at
all (using an urlpath_regex acl), but this is not desirable.

Any ideas?

With kind regards,
Gert Verhoog