Re: [squid-users] refresh_pattern that matches query parameters?

From: Gert Verhoog <gert@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:08:44 +1200

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007, Gert Verhoog wrote:
>
>> I'm beginning to suspect that refresh_pattern ignores query strings, but
>> hopefully I'm wrong. Currently I'm not caching urls with parameters at
>> all (using an urlpath_regex acl), but this is not desirable.
>
> Check the cache (or no_cache directive in the past) to see how Squid
> defaults to not caching URLs with a ? in the path.

Yes, as I said, I was not caching these pages, on purpose. Otherwise,
pages with query params would be cached too long in my setup.

Fortunately, my refresh patterns do seem to work after tweaking the
max-age and expires header in the webapplication. Max-age was set to a
long time in the webapp, but I was under the impression that the
"override-expire" option in refresh_pattern would cause Squid to ignore
this altogether. Apparently not.

So this does work after all, I just don't understand the effect of
override-expire:

refresh_pattern \? 30 100% 30 override-expire
refresh_pattern . 30240 100% 30240 override-expire

Cheers,
Gert