Re: [squid-users] url_rewrite_program

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:45:08 +1200 (NZST)

> that error isn't my primary issue at this point, although i guess i do
> need to look in my script more careful, my main issue and i really
> hope someone here can help me out with this is following:
>
> as i said i've got special URL that i need to send certain URLs and
> that URL will do whatever it needs to do and then send it back to
> original URL, so that user gets to his/her destination as expected,
> now i think when i get that URL sent to url_program_rewrite it does
> rewrite and since that URL sends user back to original URL and that
> URL is in my squid config set for rewrite, squid goes into loop
> here...
>
> anyone can help me resolve this issue? i'd highly appreciate that..

Sigh. Enough already.

Generate yourself a dummy sub-domain.

The re-writer coded to pass any unknown domain incoming (original) URL to
the temporary page (including the original URI requested in the Query
String).

When the temporary page is finished it needs to send the user to the dummy
sub-domain. Again with the original URL in the query string.

The re-writer coded to also detect this dummy sub-domain, strip it off and
pass the cleaned-again (original) URIL out for use.

One catch:

Amos