Re: [squid-users] Safari SSL issues constantly having to re authenticate.

From: Daniel Appleby <dappleby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 20:55:56 +1000

Yes basic authentication is being used. I plan to raise the issue with
apple but I thought I would just ask to see if anyone has been down the
same road before.

-Daniel

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2007, Daniel Appleby wrote:
>

>> It seems safari will drop the proxy auth header for each request causing
>> squid to re-prompt for it again and again.
>>
>> Anyone had this issue before or knows how to fix it?
>>

> Is that Basic Authentication? If so, have you thought about contacting
> Apple to see if they've got a fix for it?
>

> Adrian

Daniel Appleby, Unix Administrator,
Information Technology Services Division,
Deakin University Geelong Victoria 3217 Australia.
Phone: 5227 8635
E-Mail: dappleby@deakin.edu.au
Website: http://www.deakin.edu.au/its/
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B
Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission, including any attachments, are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents and any attachments is expressly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it and any attachments from your system immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.
Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.