Re: [squid-users] Caching strategy, will this work?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:24:18 +0200

On tor, 2007-09-06 at 14:06 +0800, K J wrote:
> I'd like to have caching in my application. However, it serves up
> different content depending on if you are logged in or not.

Which places a great deal of strain on caching within HTTP... HTTP do
not like to see different content on the same URL..

It is possible to solve this using Vary, but only if you are not using
session cookies on anonymous users. And even then some browsers (mainly
Firefox) will get a bit confused not knowing they have to refresh the
page when the user logs in..

It is however in most cases possible to utilize a little bit of
javascript and style sheets to solve this problem by making the same
page display differently depending on the browser state, moving the
display logics from the server to the browser. A technique used
surprisingly little..