Re: [squid-users] User Authentication Begins Failing

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 18:49:21 +0800

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On tor, 2007-09-06 at 11:06 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > I've seen a race condition here. The NCSA helper only reopens the file when
> > it sees the modification time change.
>
> Right.. it should add a little margin and not reopen the file if it's
> being modified just now..

You could stat() the file to see if the file size has changed. :P

(Or you could just do it right. Maybe some better documentation should appear,
coupled with that stat() change an a subsequent warning to stderr.
eg "ERROR: File size changed; are you not atomically updating your password file! <see url X>"

Adrian