Re: [squid-users] Unsupported method 'NICK'

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 19:15:07 +0200

On 08.09.07 19:10, Wongbali wrote:
> My Squid (2.6S14) displayed a lot of "Unsupported method NICK".
>
> Henrik explained that problem was caused by someone trying to use IRC via
> the proxy.
>
> My question is:
>
> Does the IRC mean YahooMess, MSN Mess, ICQ?

neither one. it's a different, RFC'ed protocol. I would not say that someone
tries to use IRC via your proxy server. I'd say either someone is trying to
use your proxy server as IRC server (do you run on port 6667 or 7000?), or
you are running intercepting proxy and someone's trying to connect IRC
server running on port 80.

Hmmm, should we make IRC protocol support to squid? ;-)

Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.