[squid-users] Re:Re:Re How to setup two ADSL line on a single linux box?

From: <elvis.altherr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:23:00 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Indunil

ok, but (not shure) you have only one ADSL Line right?

I think the solution is ment for backup porpouses, which means:

if the main ADSL Line fails all traffic will be routed to the ISDN Backup Line

In Switzerland the ADSL System is normally built like this:

ENDUSER has a ADSL Router/Modem --> calls via DSLAM Port on the POP of the telefony carrier (Swisscom) --> and if all is ok, the traffic will be routed to the Endpoint

Normally (as far as i know) swisscom uses "Concentrators" after the DSLAM Ports on the telefone centrals, to put some groups of users (Districts) together to one paket and then routes the hole stuff to the Internet.

And also an ADSL Line (Signal) will be bound to one telefon number, which means, you can have only one signal on one telefone wire (dosen't matter if you have analogue oder ISDN Connection)

regards

E.Altherr

> > Yes, just set up a load-balanced default route in your OS, and policy
> > routing to route already connected traffic out via the correct ISP.
> > This is not really a Squid question but an advanced routing question.
>

> HEY, henrik is right. Pls see below URL
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Networking/Spanning_Mu
ltiple_DSLs

>--
>Thank you
>Indunil Jayasooriya

NEU: Ihre Photos online verwalten, mit anderen teilen und die besten Bilder gleich entwickeln lassen - GRATIS für den 1. Monat (exkl. Entwicklung)
www.sunrise.ch/photoalbum