Re: [squid-users] ntlm_auth prompts for username when accessing blocked sites.

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:38:57 +0200

ons 2007-09-12 klockan 17:21 +0200 skrev Marcel Young:

> Authentication works fine without any problems, the problem I have is
> that when an user accesses a site we've blocked it prompts them for a
> username and password. As far as I know it is ntlm_auth because there
> is no prompt for domain just username and password.

This depends on the last acl on the http_access line denying access

http_access deny someacl authenticationrelatedacl

will ask for new credentials, allowing the user to retry with another
account, while

http_access deny authenticatedacl otheracl

will not, immediately denying access.

In both cases the "Access denied" message text is sent to the user,
shown if the user cancels the authentication request.