[squid-users] Trying to make upload control possible...

From: Emiliano Vazquez <emilianovazquez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:08:53 -0300

Hi folks...

we are working to bring this idea to the reality... but for the moment donīt
work...

We compile TUN/TAP and now we can create full virtual interfaces in
brazilfw... (a little distro for Mini-ISP)

But we cant join the same tap to 2 differents bridge... so we cant join
virtual bridges...

Our objetive is control upload of squid making another instance of control,
with another virtual ethernet device

Actually we can do the job with 4 or 6 nics cards... but they are too
many...

We need virtualization, tap is the first step... the we need to simulate a
crossover cable...

here is the graph:

http://www.brazilfw.com.br/users/nachazo/imagenes/virtual%20bridge.jpg

we have tap and 2 nics and bridge suport but we dont find nothing that can
simulate a croos cable between tap interfaces... any ideas?

I know, this is not a squid soluttion, but this can be an idea to make squid
upload control possible!!

Thanks in advance and best regards. Emiliano Vazquez.

If you donīt understand my point or if you think this is crazy or and old
question let me know!