[squid-users] header_access debug, pam_appl.h, digest-auth-helper, storeio

From: <vollkommen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:43:17 -0400

1) I got "pam_auth.c:74:31: error: security/pam_appl.h: No such file or directory" when compiling squid-2.6.STABLE16-20070916. I found a nearly identical instance in the list archive more than a year ago. That got me looking into the pam-devel on my host os--Mac OS X 10.4. It turns out pam_appl.h is located in /usr/include/pam/ on OS X 10.4 and 10.3, rather than /usr/include/security. A symbolic link takes care of it. I wonder, however, if the developers are open to accommodating this type of OS-specific peculiarities by adjusting during ./configure based on --host=.

2) I narrowed down the cause of my inability to log into several sites to the last line in the 'http_anonymizer paranoid' emulation of squid-2.6 that I was using, namely: "header_access All deny all". I'd like to find out what headers these sites need to see. Could anyone let me know the debug_options number for header_access without going full bore to "debug_options ALL,9"? Currently I'm aware of 33 for reply_mime_type and 28 for ACL debugging. Is there a quick list of all the debug option numbers, without resorting to reading the source code?

3) Does the latest squid-2.6 still need the digest-auth-helper from squid-3PRE if I want to use digest password? Is this going to change?

4) What are the possible squid storeio options on Mac OS X (HFS+ or UFS format)? So far it seems I have to either accept the default (UFS) even though my disk is formatted HFS+, or --enable-storeio=null. Anything else I tried had failed. Is there a matrix of all the storeio possibilities for every OS squid has been compiled on?

Thanks.