Re: [squid-users] Cache Proxy Configuration to let through SSL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:48:25 +0200

On tor, 2007-09-20 at 10:05 +0200, Unterpaintner, Felix wrote:

> But I cannot figure out, how to tell squid to just let through the Https-Traffic. I don`t ned squid to touch the Data, recrypt it or anything else, as may others wanted squid to.

Normally it does just that, lets it through.

Browsers uses the CONNECT method to open SSL tunnels.

What do access.log say?

> Is this possible?

Yes.

> Which Port is to be given to the Browser?

The http_port.

?

> A don`t run any other stuff at the server, can I take any (useless) Stuff out if the .conf?

Yours looked reasonable, except for the http_access stuff.. those were a
bit twisted. But works..

> http_access allow localhost
> http_access allow CONNECT SSL_ports
> http_access allow Safe_ports
> # And finally deny all other access to this proxy
> http_access deny all

You may just as well replace the above with "http_access allow all". But
most uses an acl to only allow allowed clients here..