Re: [squid-users] Banner page for certain users in squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:21:55 +1200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On lör, 2007-09-22 at 00:02 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>>> A acl containing these users combined with the session helper would do
>>> the trick fine.
>> The idea behind most of these is that it a dynamic process rather than a
>> fixed one and squid -k reconfigure is too chunky a process to want
>> running every, say minute, to be fast enough.
>
> Why would you be running "squid -k reconfigure" every minute for this?
> Only needed when the list of users to alert changes..
>
> And yes, even that can easily be eleminated by using a simple helper..

Oh, I didn't read the initial post too well. Missed the "every day" and
jumped to the conclusion it was a live system like mine :-(.
Here I check traffic counters in minutes and for a few other things on
an order of "immediately" and acls HAVE to be dynamic enough to cope
with changes at any time.
Prise Be, for whoever created the external acl types.

Amos