Re: [squid-users] Anonymous Authentication

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:03:35 +1200 (NZST)

> Squid 2.5.STABLE5

Seriously worth an upgrade.

> I'm needing to grant authority to an anonymous user account which is not
> authenticated through the domain and does not have a password associated
> with it. Basically it's a dummy terminal without a login, but needs to
> get
> to specific corporate sites only.

Best solution may need to be; locate the IP of the terminal machine and
create a bypass acl and access line letting it in ahead of the auth tests.

Iff you MUST authenticate, you are sort of on the right track. But only
one "auth_param basic program" line is permitted, the second one is
ignored by all versions of squid.

> I currently have squid configured through samba for the domain
> authentication and have several domain users authenticating through it.
>

> squid.conf
> auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=
> squid-2.5-ntlmssp
> auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=
> squid-2.5-basic
> auth_param basic children 15
> auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
> auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hour
> auth_param ntlm children 15
>
> ##This section was added for the anonymous user
> auth_param basic program /usr/sbin/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/passwd
> auth_param basic children 15
> auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
> auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
>
> I set up the passwd file using 'httpasswd2 /etc/squid/passwd ANON000' and
> created the user list and defined the acl:
>
> acl acl_name ident "/dir/to/userlist"
> and
> http_access allow acl_name
>
> In the /var/log/squid/cache.log I'm seeing "ANON000 failed due to [No such
> user]"
>
> I understand what will need to take place to handle the specific only
> sites. My question is how can I get the anonymous user to authenticate?

Amos