[squid-users] Squid with NTLM-Auth: Java Web Start on SSL won't work

From: <Markus.Rietzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:53:50 +0200

hi group,

we have squid 2.6STABLE16 with NTLM/winbind-Auth enabled.
browsers can access the internet after the ntlm-auth is performed. we
use winbind auth, so normally no password-dialog pop up.

we have problems with java webstart apps. as long as they GET via HTTP
everything works fine. the ntlm-auth is done, the app loads and starts
without problems. as soon as we have to CONNECT via HTTPS the auth
fails...

in the first case (HTTP and GET) the client (javaws) sends a
"Keep-alive: 300, Connection: keep-alive", in the second case (HTTPS and
CONNECT) no keep-alive is sent and so the NTLM-Auth failes.

can someone help us in finding the error? is it something with java or
javaws (sun says, that starting with java 1.4 ntlm and https should
work). can we configure squid to handle those requests? sure, we can
make a fix for this special app, so that no auth is needed at all. but i
want to have a more common solution, which works with "all" java web
start stuff...

thanxs

markus

ps: we have tried the latest java 1.6 on windows.