Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy with https

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 22:49:55 +0200

On tor, 2007-09-27 at 16:30 -0400, Jason Taylor wrote:

> There are quite a few still-in-use versions of Java the fail to
> adequately detect that a proxy is to be used when the browser simply has
> "automatically detect proxy settings".

Yes..

> The transparent proxy is useful for catching all the little applets that
> ignore this browser setting.

Ok, Let me ask the actual question: What do you want the proxy to do
with the intercepted SSL connections?

It's pretty much the same as having the SSL traffic NAT:ed to the proxy
IP address. The proxy will not know the requested hostname, so filtering
is quite limited. Only the destination IP.