Re: [squid-users] Squid caching only server

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:29:14 +0200

On 30.09.07 22:03, Yogesh Patil wrote:
> I would like to use Squid Server as cache for ISP Setup, but i
> am not having previous experience with the Squid server, i want to use
> Squid as cache server only, and i don;t want to NAT my public ip's
> through cache server, so please suggest that is it possible with Squid
> to configure Cache Only Server, also i am using Fedora Core 7 for the
> installing Squid Cache server, is it compatible with that or not.

Squid does not do NAT. However, since all connections from browsers go to
squid, and squid connects to servers, you either will have to do NAT using
tproxy patch, so squid will use clients IPs for outgoing connection, but you
will need direct all HTTP trafic through the NAT gateway (otherwise the
tproxy CAN'T work) or you will have to accept that all traffic going from
squid will have squid's IP as source IP.

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.