Re: [squid-users] I Want To Ping A Cache Object

From: Solomon Asare <solomonasare@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:14:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
thanks for the responses. I guess what I need is
something like:

squidclient -m HEAD -H 'Max-Forwards = 0\n'
http://www.google.com

It fetches only the HEADERS so I can grep for
the origin server on a MISS. I will prefer if it
remained a local affair without contacting the remote
server at all. But it works without much delay.

Thanks,
solomon.