Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5-STABLE14 Crashing

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:29:08 +1300 (NZDT)

> Hi,
>
> For the last couple of days my squid server keeps crashing and restarting
> itself. I have looked at the cache.log file and this is what I get. This
> server has been running fine for the last 2 years:

First,
  check your logs are being rotated properly and haven't taken up all disk
space. And that the system has not run out of inodes.

Second,
  upgrade to a currently supported version of squid, 2.6s16+ or 3.0rc1

> (squid)[0x80a1afd]
> /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0[0x4005747e]
> (squid)[0x42028c48]
> (squid)[0x420c12db]
> (squid)[0x420bd350]
> (squid)(regexec+0x65)[0x420c2df5]
> (squid)(vfprintf+0x2d36)[0x804d21a]
> (squid)(vfprintf+0x39a9)[0x804de8d]
> (squid)(vfprintf+0x3d4b)[0x804e22f]

That does not look like cache.log content. if it did come from there its
seriously screwed.

Amos