Re: [squid-users] squid re./configuration help

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 01:51:13 +1300

Mohan Jayaweera wrote:
> Greetings to everybody!
> if I re./configure squid with some other features enabled or disabled,
> Am I going to loose the previously set features? or just add the new
> features with old ones? hope your opinion.
> thanks in advance
> Mohan

Depends on what you mean by 'configure'.

Changes in squid.conf simply do what you set.

compile configuration is another matter
  Any configuration is always default features + self-chosen features.
  If your previous build explicitly used any non-defaults (very likely)
then you will need to explicitly choose them yourself in order to keep them.

Amos