Re: [squid-users] Deployment Considerations

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 03:20:59 +0200

On ons, 2007-10-03 at 07:28 -0700, Joseph Jenkins wrote:
> I had a question about how most people were deploying their squid
> caches, are you deploying them behind firewalls and is so what type
> of rule set are you using? Is there any case where someone is
> running the firewall and squid cache on the same box? I am running
> Squid on a Solaris 10.

Internet proxies is deployed in at least three different modes depending
on the needs.

On the internal network inside a firewall.

On the firewall/gateway itself.

Outside the firewall (if any), with just a small local firewall
protecting the proxy server itself.

Can't say which of the tree is the most common. All three works for
their purposes.